Friday, July 20, 2012

The Baker is Back... Again

You know what they say about blogs.  They come, they go.  Actually, I don't know if anyone says that, but it's certainly true.  They're shiny and fun, like a new toy or kitchen gadget.  Then, inevitably they lose their luster, relegated to the back of the drawer or the bottom of the to-do list.  It doesn't mean we don't enjoy them.  It just... happens.

Then, one day when you're bored or antsy or nostalgic or particularly ambitious, you find yourself wanting to dust it off and take it for a spin.  Dear readers, today is that day for the Literate Baker.

I've read some wonderful things lately--stories, novels, articles.  They have helped me to remember how much I love to write.  I've also baked some wonderful things.  Chocolaty things and fruity things and buttery things and even some savory things.

It's time to bring Jane and Julia back together and make some magic.  Okay, maybe magic is a bit of an overstatement, but still.  Let's do this.  I've missed y'all.  Here's to a renewed commitment to...

Keep it sweet.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment