Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grilled Cheese...cake (mmhmm, that's right)

In the pound cake post, I alluded to the phenomenon known as grilled cheesecake.  Well, dear readers, I did it.  And it was good.

I first learned about grilled cheesecake from CakeSpy, the devilish dessert angel who lives in Seattle and blogs about all things sweet.  Her Grilled Cheesecake: A Sweet Take on a Classic Sandwich post intrigued me the very first time I read about it.  Since I don't normally have pound cake around, I'd never been brazen enough to try it on my own.

Well, as you know, I did find myself with purposeless pound cake.  As well as adventurous and sweet-toothed dinner guests (yes, Crystal and Avi, I mean you).  And a semi-healthy mushroom and green pea risotto that sort of justified a decadent dessert.

It was on.

Per the lovely Cake Spy's directions, I sliced my pound cake and buttered it.


I sliced my cheesecake and sandwiched it.  (Yes, I bought frozen cheesecake.  Gasp.)


I griddled until GBD.


I marveled.


We stuffed ourselves.


This is not a desert for everyday.  It's crazy rich.  It is fun, though, and different.  If I ever had a grilled cheese dinner party (which I think would be a ton of fun), this would definitely be on the menu.  Maybe with a chilled strawberry puree standing in for tomato soup.  I love things-are-not-as-they-seem sweets.  A surprising way to...

Keep it sweet. Pin It

1 comment: