6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar (white granulated)
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.
- This recipe can make up to 5-dozen 3 cookies.
In addition to cutouts, I use this dough as the base for thumbprint cookies. Since I had a little bit of dough left over and lots and lots of plum jam in the fridge (see Jam On It), I decided to make a few.
raspberry filling next time. And continuing to look for things on which to slather plum jam. Not a bad past time, really, for one always looking to...
Keep it sweet. Pin It