Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Hot Mess of Cakes

A year or so ago, a friend turned me on to Cake Wrecks, a blog that pays tribute to the best of the worst in cake decoration.  In short, it is a menagerie of funny, sad, and downright scary icing mishaps.  The photo that she sent me is apparently the photo that started it all, and the photo that is featured on the front of the Cake Wrecks book:



Yes, someone actually wrote that on a cake.  Other Cake Wrecks classics include Naked Mohawk-Baby Carrot Jockeys and why cupcake cakes are such a bad idea.

Since then, friends and family have forwarded me photos and links from the blog.  I'm always happy to be reminded of it and usually spend a good twenty minutes or so catching up on the horrors I've missed.  The photo I received this week was from my friend Brad.  Based on the quality of the image, I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose.  I'm guessing it was done in good fun by someone with mad Photoshop skills.  It's Jesus.  Holding a baby dinosaur.  Really.



The fact that the entire post is a riff on the Old Spice commercial makes it even better.  (If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here.  If you do know what I'm talking about, but haven't seen the Grover version, click here.)

Okay, I know I'm teetering precariously on the edge of completely off-topic, but I couldn't resist.  Besides, laughing at cakes gone awry is a calorie-free way to...

Keep it sweet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment