Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Pretty Pie from a Pretty Chef

I can admit to having occasional visions of grandeur.  Some days, I'm a best-selling novelist.  More often, however, I am the queen of a very large food empire.  Much like Ina Garten and Rachael Ray, I see myself with a television show, cookbooks, and a line of specialty foods and kitchen tools.  I don't actually need adoring fans, but can accept that they come with the territory.

Recently, I've been seeing commercials for a new Food Network show: Dessert First.  It's hosted by a gorgeous pastry chef named Anne Thornton who seems to love sweets as much as I do.  I've been a little bitter, but have decided to embrace it.  She seems fabulous and I'd never say no to a show all about desserts.

Today, Anne Thornton is a feature on CNN's Eatocracy (which I know because a friend has already posted it on my Facebook wall--thanks, Sohug!).  She talks about her favorite sweet and salty combinations.  Again, feeling a little bitter here (given the Literate Baker's recent goings on about the joys of salty and sweet), but trying to keep the mindset that my time has not yet come.

Envy aside, I think I'm smitten with one of recipes.  Salted Caramel Banana Pudding Pie seems like a blissful marriage of not only salty and sweet, but creamy and crunchy as well.  Given my husband's adoration of all things banana, I'll be giving this recipe a try in the near future.  In the meantime, hats off to the lovely and talented Chef Thornton, a kindred spirit in the quest to...


Keep it sweet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment