Friday, September 24, 2010

Say It with a Giant Cookie

You know it's an office birthday when...  On second thought, I don't know if I want to know how some of you would answer that.  In my office, you know it's a birthday when there is a giant cookie in the back on top of the mini fridge.

I'm not sure how the tradition began.  It might have started with my aversion to mass-produced grocery store cakes and lack of time to bake, cool, and assemble a homemade cake one evening after work.  Of course, as we all know, I have a soft spot for cookies and frosting.  However it happened, it was a good thing.  Here's how you can make your next office birthday (or laundry day or Project Runway night) special.

1) Buy one disposable pizza pan and two packages of refrigerated cookie dough.  Nestle was on sale this week, so that's what I bought.

2) Reserve 4-6 cookies to bake separately for immediate consumption.

3) Smush the remaining dough together on the pan.


4) Bake 15-20 minutes.

5) Decorate with whatever frosting you have left from the previous weekend's cake orders (or buy those fun little tubes).


6) Eat cookies you baked separately and admire handiwork.

7) Bring giant cookie to work and enjoy tasteful office festivities. 

8) Do not think about drunken coworkers in their underwear.

9) Keep it sweet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment