Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall Rituals: More Pumpkin

So, yeah, I'm a Starbucks girl.  I wasn't always.  There was a time when coffee was an occasional thing, like at a restaurant with dessert.  Ah, those were the days.  Now, a morning without an iced coffee is a very bad morning indeed.

A few days ago, I got an email from Starbucks enticing me to enjoy fall rituals with them.  Since then, at least a half-dozen people have commented to me how excited they are for their first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season.  I smile.  I nod.  I don't get it.  For all my love of pumpkin, I just don't enjoy it in my coffee.  With?  Yes.  In?  No.

This morning, I was admiring (with no intention to purchase) the pumpkin cream cheese muffins.  While I was distracted by the half and half, my coworker Elizabeth bought one for me.   The last thing I need to stuff in my mouth right now is a muffin, but I've never let that stop me.  We brought it to the office and promptly sliced it up so everyone could have a taste. 


For a mass-produced baked good, I have to say, it was really good.  The cream cheese filling was rich and not too sweet.  The toasted pumpkin seeds on top added a fun textural element.  The cake itself was moist with just the right amount of spice.  I'd definitely have it again.  That said, I'll definitely start working on a version of my own.  I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, enjoy your pumpkin latte if you're so inclined.  Enjoy the fabulous stem on this award-winning specimen from the State Fair. 


Enjoy whatever fall rituals make you smile.  And enjoy any opportunity you have to...

Keep it sweet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment