Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baker About Town: Les 3 Brasseurs

I had the pleasure of spending this past weekend in Montreal.  All in all, it was a fabulous trip.  We paired ridiculous amounts of food with equally ridiculous amounts of bike riding.  (Although the scale begs to differ, I feel as though they balanced one another.)  Although I did not have the opportunity to indulge in one of the many and alluring patisseries I passed, I did enjoy a fun lunch and a really nice dessert at Les 3 Brasseurs, or The 3 Brewers.

The specialty of the house is the "flamm," a thin-crust pizza that you can order either savory or sweet.  I devoured a delightful goat cheese and tomato concoction, then resigned myself to sharing dessert.  We ordered a banana flamm with vanilla ice cream.


It was si bon (so good).  Reminiscent of Bananas Foster, it had caramelized brown sugar and just the right meltiness.  My only regret is that I didn't get to eat more of it.  If you find yourself in Canada, give Les 3 Brasseurs a go.  My advice?  Split a savory flamm and get an entire dessert for yourself!

P.S. Montreal is officially bilingual, but you should be prepared for beaucoup de francais.  In that spirit...

Gardez-le doux. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment