Monday, August 23, 2010

All the Leaves Are Brown

Okay, all the leaves aren't brown.  They aren't even hinting at yellow and red yet.  We've had a day and a half of rain, though, and temperatures in the 50s and 60s.  True, I'm not quite ready for tights.  That said, that's pretty much the only thing holding me back from whole-heartedly flinging myself into all things fall.

By all things fall, I technically mean all things.  I just bought a couple of cute cardigans and fun new scarf; I can't wait to go apple picking.  I'm trying to decide whether to make gumbo or black bean soup.  That said, my mind is really on dessert.  Sure, my mind is rarely not on dessert, but I'm referring to a specific breed of baked good now.  I'm talking about pumpkin.

Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bundt with a maple bourbon glaze.  The thought of these things makes me a little giddy.  I have fantasies of sitting in the kitchen with a cup of tea and a big slice of something, watching the leaves dance around the back yard.  I confess that I have a handful of recipes that I always rely on to satisfy my pumpkin cravings.  This year, I am committed to trying something new.  Perhaps I'll try my hand at pumpkin roll (because cream cheese makes everything better, right?).  Epicurious.com has a Pumpkin Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Filling that looks pretty tasty.  I'll give it a whirl let you know.

So, love of sandals aside, I'm ready.  You can keep your California dreamin', because this girl wouldn't trade New England for anything.  It's almost fall, my absolute favorite season to...

Keep it sweet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment