Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Doozy Kind of Day

It's been a doozy kind of day.  This could be worse.  It could be a doozy of a day, the kind that makes you want to get a little boozy so you don't have to think about it anymore.  A doozy kind of day is milder, filled with multiple minor vexations.  It's the kind of day that makes you want one of those "double doozy" cookie and frosting concoctions from a mall cookie shop.

When I was young, the double doozy always beckoned to me from the big glass case.  I'd like to think it was the calories, but it was more often the cost that prevented me from indulging.  Now that I've become a bit of a baked good snob, I'm not sure the experience would be quite the same.  The concept, however, remains flawless, and so today I made my own.


Two of my Ina-Garten-inspired triple chocolate cookies (I'll post the recipe tomorrow) and a very generous swirl of vanilla frosting.  To.  Die.  For.  (So good, in fact, that I'm virtually oblivious to the preceding fragments and dangling preposition.)  This is not everyday fare by any means, but, on occasion, it sure does the trick. 

Vexations?  What vexations?  Oh, and if a splash of chocolate vodka makes its way into the accompanying Diet Coke, well, there's no harm in that now, is there?  Cheers, y'all, and...

Keep it sweet. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment